Dear Morris County Sheriff's Office,
This is a request for public records made under OPRA and the common law right of access. I am not required to fill out an official form. Please acknowledge receipt of this message.
I am aware that companies are selling technologies to law enforcement that allow them to take vast quantities of personal data from cloud-based apps and accounts. You can read more [https://privacyinternational.org/long-re....
1. Do you use mobile phone extraction technology that includes cloud analytics / cloud extraction capabilities e.g. Cellebrite UFED Cloud Analyser, Magnet Axiom Cloud or Oxygen Forensics Cloud Extractor
2. Do you have other technologies that allow you to access cloud-based accounts and extract this data.
3. Please provide a copy of the relevant Data Protection Impact Assessment.
4. Please provide a copy of the relevant local and/or national guidance/standard operating procedure/policy.
5. Please confirm the legal basis you rely on to conduct cloud analytics/extraction.
Please find our response to your OPRA Request dated February 3, 2020. If
our office can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to
Katherine A Rogers
Confidential Assistant to Undersheriff
Morris County Sheriff's Office
P.O Box 900
Morristown, New Jersey 07963-0900
Email: [email address]
MCSO web: www.sheriff.morriscountynj.gov
This message may contain material which is confidential inter-agency or
intra-agency advisory, consultative or deliberative information, or which
may be otherwise confidential and/or privileged. Unless you are the
intended addressee (or authorized to receive for the intended addressee)
you may not use, copy or disclose to anyone the message, material or
information contained in the message. If you have received the message in
error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail and delete the message.