Purchase order

bwasserman made this OPRA request to South River Borough

This request has been closed to new correspondence from the public body. Contact us if you think it ought be re-opened.

South River Borough did not have the information requested.

Dear Mr Bray,

After reviewing recent OPRA activity, it appears that resolution 2018-233, dated July 18, 2018 (also dated July 16, 2018 at the end of the resolution), authorized the payment of $17,500 to one MTP Group for consultation services. I would like to see all purchase orders that shows payment to any individual or company/group as a result of this resolution.


Bill Wasserman

Bill Bray, South River Borough

Good afternoon Mr. Wasserman,

The Borough of South River received your Open Public Records Act (OPRA) request on Friday June 14, 2019. The official Records Custodian, William Bray, received your OPRA request on Monday, June 17, 2019. As such, the seven (7) business day deadline to respond to your request is June 26, 2019. This response to your request is being provided to you on the 1st business day after the custodian’s receipt of said request.

Your OPRA request sought access to the following:

"I would like to see all purchase orders that shows payment to any individual or company/group as a result of this resolution.”

OPRA allows you to request Public Records that exist at the time of the request was made.
No such purchase orders currently exist. Therefore there are no records responsive to this request.

All bills are approved by Borough Council at its meetings. The agendas for those meetings are posted on the borough website. Those agendas include a listing of purchase orders to be approved for payment at that meeting. You can review those documents, as they become available, to determine when any purchase order for MTP Group is up for approval and thereby subject to release under OPRA.

If your request for access to a government record has been denied or unfilled within the seven (7) business days required by law, you have a right to challenge the decision by the Borough of South River to deny access. At your option, you may either institute a proceeding in the Superior Court of New Jersey or file a complaint with the Government Records Council (GRC) by completing the Denial of Access Complaint Form. You may contact the GRC by toll-free telephone at 866-850-0511, by mail at P.O. Box 819, Trenton, NJ, 08625, by e-mail at [email address], or at their web site at www.state.nj.us/grc. The GRC can also answer other questions about the law. All questions regarding complaints filed in Superior Court should be directed to the Court Clerk in your County.


show quoted sections

Dear Bill Bray,

Thank you for your prompt reply.


Bill Wasserman