Dear Atlantic City,
This is a request for public records made under OPRA and the common law right of access. I am not required to fill out an official form. Please acknowledge receipt of this message.
1. Any and all overtime paid to Sergeants of the Atlantic City Police Department since 3 December, 2019.
2. Any and all overtime paid to Sergeants assigned to the Patrol Division since 3 December, 2019.
3. Any and all overtime paid to members of the patrol division since 3 December, 2019.
4. Any and all overtime paid including; Patrolman, Sergeants, Detectives, etc, for the purposes of "manpower shortage" to members of the Atlantic City Police Department since 3 December, 2019.
5. Any documents, memos, cost savings analysis and or budget analysis as a result of promotions made on 3 December, 2019.
6. Any guidance, memos, policy, documents and or communications between Chief Henry White and members of city council and or the State of New Jersey DCA, which would indicate and or reflect the discipline process used for promotional candidates who have committed crimes and have pending discipline. Is there a "new and improved policy"?
OPRA Request – City of Atlantic City
Re: ACPD overtime records
Good afternoon Mr. Armstrong:
Please be advised of the following:
Attached is the response to items 1, 2, 3 and 4 of your OPRA request.
Items 5 and 6 of your request are denied as (1) they would require
research. While OPRA requires the custodian to perform a search, the
custodian is not required to perform research; and (2) these items are
deliberative in nature. The deliberative process privilege which includes
inter- or intra-agency material that is advisory, consultative, or
deliberative in nature. This privilege allows draft documents or documents
prepared during the formulation of governmental decisions to be withheld
from public disclosure.
Please see N.J.S.A. 47:1A-1 et seq.
Keyboarding Clerk III
City Clerk’s Office
City of Atlantic City
City Hall – Room #704
1301 Bacharach Boulevard
Atlantic City, NJ 08401