Dear East Brunswick Township,
Under OPRA and the common law right of access, please provide copies of:
1) all approved applications for long-term tax exemptions (LTTE's), including cover letter, attachments/exhibits, and other accompanying documentation, including receipt/proof of payment for the administrative review fee
2) the ordinances approving each such tax exemption and the financial agreements, including all attachments/exhibits, and other accompanying documentation, for each
3) records sufficient to show the dates and amounts of all payments in lieu of taxes (PILOT's) made in connection with each such tax exemption
4) the most recent financial statement provided by each approved urban renewal entity
5) records sufficient to show the current assessed value of each LTTE property and the date(s) that certificate(s) of occupancy were granted for each
Thank you kindly. Please don't hesitate to contact me at 732-993-9697 if you have any questions about this request.
I am in receipt of your OPRA Request.
Your request requires additional time beyond the seven (7) business days to fulfill because request size and, records are in storage. OPRA allows custodians to seek extensions of time pursuant to N.J.S.A. 47:1A-5.i. Specifically, OPRA states that, “the requestor shall be advised by the custodian when the record can be made available. If the record is not made available by that time, access shall be deemed denied.”
Your request requires an extension of time until October 1, 2020.
If your request for access to a government record has been denied or unfilled within the seven (7) business days required by law, you have a right to challenge the decision by the Township of East Brunswick to deny access. At your option, you may either institute a proceeding in the Superior Court of New Jersey or file a complaint with the Government Records Council (GRC) by completing the Denial of Access Complaint Form. You may contact the GRC by toll-free telephone at 866-850-0511, by mail at P.O. Box 819, Trenton, NJ, 08625, by e-mail at [email address], or at their web site at www.state.nj.us/grc. The GRC can also answer other questions about the law. All questions regarding complaints filed in Superior Court should be directed to the Court Clerk in your County.
Township Clerk \ Registrar
East Brunswick Township
One Civic Center Drive
P O Box 1081
East Brunswick NJ 08816
[East Brunswick Township request email]