Dear South Toms River Borough,
This is a request for public records made under OPRA and the common law right of access. Please acknowledge receipt of this message.
1. Full roster list of all South Toms River police officers' names, ranks, corresponding badge numbers, and length of time with the department.
2. Any and all South Toms River Police Department policies referencing and in regards to the practice of police officers identifying themselves by name and/or badge number to members of the general public when requested, and/or by individuals the police officers make contact with in the course of their duties, when requested by those individuals.
3. Any and all South Toms River Police Department policies referencing and in regards to the display of name tags, name plates, name patches, badges, and/or badge numbers.
4. Any and all South Toms River Police Department policies referencing and in regards to the conduct of police officers when engaging/making contact with the public.
5. Any and all South Toms River Police Department training records within the last 365 days referencing it's officer's knowledge of Constitutional Rights and/or the legality of public photography.
ASK NJ Media Co.
Please be advised that we are in receipt of your OPRA Request and will
provide documentaion of your request as best as we can, and is allowable
under OPRA. We will require two weeks to complete this, with a deadline
Friday, April 27th). Should it be ready prior, we will provide when ready.
Thank you for your understanding.
Dear South Toms River,
I'm granting the extension that you have requested.
ASK NJ Media Co.
Please be advised that we have completed your OPRA Request, on the second
day (prior to the anticipated duedate of the OPRA Request.)
The attached files should satisfy the requested 5 items.
Request #1 is covered by the file titled "Police Department Roster"
Request #2 and #4 are covered by the file titled "Rules and Regulations"
Request #3 is covered by the file titled "Uniform Policy"
Request #5 is covered by the file titled "Recording Government Facilities"
This completes your OPRA Request. Thank you.