Dear South River Borough,
This is a request for public records made under OPRA and the common law right of access. Please acknowledge receipt of this message.
1. Full roster list of all South River police officers' names, ranks, corresponding badge numbers, and length of time with the department.
2. Any and all South River Police Department policies referencing and in regards to the practice of police officers identifying themselves by name and/or badge number to members of the general public when requested, and/or by individuals the police officers make contact with in the course of their duties, when requested by those individuals.
3. Any and all South River Police Department policies referencing and in regards to the display of name tags, name plates, name patches, badges, and/or badge numbers.
4. Any and all South River Police Department policies referencing and in regards to the conduct of police officers when engaging/making contact with the public.
5. Any and all South River Police Department training records within the last 365 days referencing it's officer's knowledge of Constitutional Rights and/or the legality of public photography.
Per your OPRA request, please see attached.
Borough of South River
48 Washington St.
South River, NJ 08882
(732) 257-1999, ext. 116
Fax: (732) 613-6105
WARNING: Email received by or sent to Borough officials is subject to the Open Public Records Act [OPRA]. This means that absent some specific privilege, all such communications are considered a public record and are subject to publication and/or dissemination to the public upon request.