Dear Nutley Township,

This is a request for public records made under OPRA and the common law right of access. I am not required to fill out an official form. Please acknowledge receipt of this message.
Records requested: I seek to ascertain how many GOULT bonds the Township has outstanding.
How many and in what amounts.

Yours faithfully, Rory

Rory Moore

Ceci Tramontana, Nutley Township

2 Attachments

Mr. Moore,


This correspondence shall serve as Nutley Township (the “Township”)’s 
response to your request for access to government records pursuant to the 
Open Public Records Act, N.J.S.A. 47:1A-1.1, et seq. (“OPRA”), which was
sent via the website on July 28, 2019 at 9:05 PM and was
received on July 29, 2019 during the Township’s regular business hours. 
Below are the Township’s responses to each said request. 


“I seek to ascertain how many GOULT bonds the Township has outstanding.
How many and in what amounts.” Please see attached records.


To the extent that you have also requested access to the above government
records under the common law, your stated interest in obtaining the
records must be balanced against the Township of Nutley’s interest in
nondisclosure.  See Loigman v. Kimmelman, 102 N.J. 98 (1986).  The
foregoing response to your request for access to government records
incorporates the aforementioned balancing test.  Please note that "a
party's status as a litigant does not enlarge its access to government
records under OPRA”.  MAG Entm't, LLC v. Div. of Alcoholic Beverage
Control, 375 N.J. Super. 534, 545-46 (App. Div. 2005).  The Township of
Nutley reserves the right to raise any other grounds for denial not raised
in this response.  Failure of the Township of Nutley to assert an
exemption or privilege does not act as a waiver of any grounds for denial.
 Furthermore, a reviewing Court or the Government Records Council ("GRC")
may deem a denial of access to be authorized on grounds other that those
advanced by a custodian.  See Paff v. Twp. of Plainsboro, A-2122-05T2,
2007 WL 957289, at *2 (App. Div., Apr. 2, 2007), affirming, Paff v.
Township of Plainsboro, GRC Complaint No. 2005-29 (March 2006).  If your
request for access to a government record has been denied or unfilled, you
have a right to challenge the decision by the Township of Nutley to deny
access.  At your option, you may either initiate a proceeding in the
Superior Court of New Jersey or file a complaint with the GRC by
completing the Denial of Access Complaint Form.  You may contact the GRC
by toll-free telephone at 866-850-0511, by mail at P.O. Box 819, Trenton,
NJ, 08625, by e-mail at [1][email address], or on its website at
[2]  The GRC can also answer other questions about the
law.  All questions regarding complaints filed in Superior Court should be
directed to the Court Clerk in your County.




Eleni Pettas



Ceci Tramontana

Clerk / Municipal Housing Liaison

Municipal Clerk’s Office

Township of Nutley, NJ

(973) 284-4951 x2233 Office

(973) 284-5668 Fax



P Please consider the environment before printing this email.



Visible links
1. mailto:[email address]