Dear Berkeley Heights Township,
This is a request for public records made under OPRA and the common law right of access. I certify under penalty of NJSA 2C:28-3 that I have not been convicted of an indictable offense. Please acknowledge receipt of this message.
1. The most current record or accounting of outstanding Berkeley Heights Township issued checks that have not-yet been cashed or turned over to the state as unclaimed property to include payee name, issued date, check number, and amount. If possible, please limit to checks issued 6 or more months from today's date above $599.00.
2. The most current statement or report available containing information on residential and commercial construction Escrow Accounts, Cash Performance/Maintenance Bonds and any other construction or development-related Cash Securities that would be refundable to the depositor upon project completion and acceptance by the town.
3. Some common examples of the cash securities we typically see include (but are not limited to) deposits for Land Development, Sewer Taps, Right-of-Way, Landscaping, Sidewalk, Curb & Gutter, Winter Handling, Signage, Street Cut/Opening, Grading, Erosion & Sediment Control, Subdivision, Storm Water Management, Building, Paving, Street Lights, Driveway, Temporary Trailer, Conservation, Certificate of Occupancy and Inspection escrows. Responsive departments normally include Building and Development, Engineering, Planning & Zoning, Public Works, Transportation and in some cases , the Finance Department.
4. It is requested that the information provided in response to escrow portion of this request contain a minimum of the following specific details when available: Name of depositor, Date of Deposit, Current Balance, Project Address [or Block & Lot number].
ASK NJ Media Co.
As per your OPRA request:
1. There are no outstanding checks that meet this criteria.
2. The criteria provided has no time table, so I provided 10 years' worth of data.
3. Most, if not all, of these examples are contained within this report.
4. Our reports do not contain name of depositor, project address, block or lot.
Please see attached report.
Ana P. Minkoff
Township of Berkeley Heights
29 Park Avenue
Berkeley Heights, NJ 07922
908-464-2700 ext. 2220
[Berkeley Heights Township request email]