Dear Toms River Police Department,
This is a request for public records made under OPRA and the common law right of access. Please acknowledge receipt of this message.
1. A copy of policies and/or procedures regulating the Toms River Police Department's public facebook page, any and all Toms River Police Department's policies regarding the maintenance and/or content retention of township maintained social media forums.
2. List(s) of names of people who are/were hidden, blocked, banned from the Toms River Police Department's public facebook page.
3. List(s) of any deleted, hidden, blocked, banned comments that were on the Toms River Police Department's Office's public facebook page for the time period of 1-1-2018 to 9-03-2018.
4. List(s) of the authors' names of any deleted, hidden, blocked, banned comments that were on the Toms River Police Department's public facebook page for the time period of 1-1-2018 to 9-03-2018.
5. Copies of all messages and author's names sent via the Toms River Police Department's facebook messenger and responses for the time period of 1-1-2018 to 9-03-2018.
6. Name and rank and/or position title of the Toms River Police Department employee(s) responsible for maintaining any and all Toms River Police Department's social media forums.
7. Any emails sent to/from the employee(s) in question regarding the deleting/removing of content, or the limiting of access to content on any and all social media forums for the time period of 1-1-2018 to 9-03-2018.
I will be out of the office from Monday 9/3 thru Friday 9/14. I will be
checking emails and calls as possible. OC Pros office, kindly copy
michele, [email address] if you do not already do so. Accident report
queries, contact [email address]. Thank you.
I have created an OPRA request for you in the Townships OPRA system. Any
communications, files, etc. will be posted there. Attached is a memo
explaining the system. Before I begin this project I must advise you that
this is above the ordinary “report” request. We did a similar project to
this earlier this year. The messenger pages need to printed one by one
and then they need to be reviewed and redacted appropriately. The last
project took us 13 hours to complete for approximately 16 months of
messenger. This request is for 9 months which I would expect it to take
less time depending on the amount of content. Our administrative fee of
$50.00/hr. will be assessed to complete this project. I would estimate
4-6 hours to complete. Kindly let me know how to proceed.
Carlton “Sam” Seaman
Records Bureau Supervisor
Toms River Police Dept.
255 Oak Ave
Toms River, NJ 08753
732-349-0150 x1843 Work