Dear Alpha Borough,
This is a request for public records made under OPRA and the common law right of access. I am not required to fill out an official form. Please acknowledge receipt of this message.
I'm requesting the following records for Alpha employees for the year 2018. Each employee record should contain: an individual's name, title, salary (and longevity pay, overtime pay, when applicable), payroll records, Rice notices, length of service, date of separation and the reason for separation, and the amount and type of pension received...pursuant to N.J.S.A. 47; 1A-10.
Thank you for submitting your OPRA request. Requests will be processed
Monday, Tuesday, and Friday from 2 p.m. – 4 p.m. as per N.J.S.A.
OPRA requests must be for a specific public document and should list a
specific date or dates. OPRA requests with terms "any and all", requests
for information, requests that require research into documents, or
requests that require the Clerk's office to create a document shall be
Responsive to your OPRA request:
I'm requesting the following records for Alpha employees for the year 2018.
1. Each employee record should contain: an individual's name, title, salary - I have attached the responsive record.
2. (and longevity pay, overtime pay, when applicable) - I have attached the responsive records
3. Payroll records - The request for these documents is overly broad and would require research. Your request is overly broad, unclear and fails to identify with reasonable clarity the specific government record(s) sought, as is required by Bent v. Stafford Police Department, 381 N.J. Super. 30, 37 (App. Div. 2005), MAG Entm’t, LLC v. Div. of Alcohol Beverage Control, 375 N.J. Super 534 (App. Div. 2005) and NJ Builders Assoc. v. NJ Council on Affordable Hous., 390 N.J. Super. 166. 280 (App. Div. 2007) and Donato v Township of Union (Union), GRC Complaint 2005-182 (February 2007).
4. Rice notices - pursuant to N.J.S.A. 47; 1A-10 Personnel records are exempt from OPRA.
5. Length of service, date of separation - I have attached the responsive record.
6. Reason for separation - There are no records responsive
7. The amount and type of pension received - there are no records responsive
Donna L. Messina
Custodian of Records
1001 East Blvd.
Alpha, NJ 08865