Dear Howell Township,
This is a request for public records made under OPRA and the common law right of access. Please acknowledge receipt of this message.
Howell Township personnel have been removing comments from view on the official Howell Township Police Department Facebook page. By law, all public contributions to any social media forum belonging to and maintained by a public entity are considered public record. I therefore request the following:
1) The name, rank or position, and badge number or personnel I.D. number of any and all Howell Township employees responsible for maintaining Howell Township social media records, including but not limited to the Howell Township Police Department Facebook page.
2) Any and all policy and/or procedure regarding and/or relating to the deletion, removal, and/or "hiding" of public contributions to Howell Township social media forums, including but not limited to the Howell Township Police Facebook page.
3) Any and all documents and/or records regarding and/or relating to the deletion, removal, and/or "hiding" of public contributions and/or comments posted to any and all Howell Township social media forums, including but not limited to the Howell Township Police Department Facebook page, specifically pertaining to the 8/20/2018 22:15 incident involving Howell Township Police Officer Dan Davison #674 stopping an individual and unlawfully demanding his identification under threat of arrest and/or the YouTube video(s) detailing said incident, including but not limited to memos, directives, emails, reports, inquiries, etc.
4) Copies of any and all contributions and/or comments posted to Howell Township social media forums, including but not limited to the Howell Township Police Department Facebook page, which have been deleted, removed, and/or "hidden" in any manner by Howell Township personnel, since 00:01 hours 8/21/2018 to the time this OPRA request is completed.
Ironbound Media, NJ
The following is the response for OPRA request 18-1053 received in our
1. See attached policy which indicates certain members of the police
department who have access to social media sites. No specific names will
Howell Police Facebook page. Certain sections have been highlighted.
3. Document does not exist. See policy ref. to Facebook filtering
4. Document does not exist. See policy ref. to Facebook filtering
This request is considered completed.
4567 Route 9 North
Howell, NJ 07731
732-938-4500, ext. 2000
NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY
This message, including any prior messages and attachments, may contain
advisory, consultative and/or deliberative material, confidential
information or privileged communications of the Township of Howell. Access
to this message by anyone other than the sender and the intended
recipient(s) is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient of
this message, any disclosure, copying, distribution or action taken or not
taken in reliance on it, without the expressed written consent of the
Township, is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, you
should not save, scan, transmit, print, use or disseminate this message or
any information contained in this message in any way and you should
promptly delete or destroy this message and all copies of it. Please
notify the sender by return e-mail if you have received this message in