Dear Brick Township,
This is a request for public records made under OPRA and the common law right of access. I am not required to fill out an official form. Please acknowledge receipt of this message.
Records requested: Correspondence between DR Horton and the Township of Brick boards regarding the Laurel Ave property owned by Visitation church from 1/2022 to 6/2022. Please include meeting attendees list and documentation for any meetings not in the public view.
Please also provide the written transcript of the 6/20/22 meeting when it becomes available.
I will be out of the office Monday June 20, 2022 through Friday June 24, 2022. If you require immediate assistance please call the Municipal Clerk's Office at 732-262-1001. If you would like to submit an OPRA request please submit to my Assistant Jessica Larney at [email address].
Dr. Mr. Gurney,
I have a few questions/clarifications regarding your below OPRA request:
Please keep in mind, email correspondence request are processed by our IT Department and are reliant on the OPRA rule below:
As per Elcavage v. West Milford Twp. (Passaic), GRC Complaint N. 2009-07 (April 2010): The Council held that "an OPRA request for an e-mail or e-mails shall therefore focus upon the following four (4) characteristics:
1. Content and/or Subject (Keywords)
2. Specific date or range of dates
In accord with MAG, supra, and its progeny, in order to specifically identify an e-mail, OPRA requests must contain: (1) the content and/or subject of the email, (2) the specific date or range of dates during which the e-mail was transmitted or the e-mails were transmitted, and (3) a valid e-mail request must identify the sender and/or the recipient thereof."
1. "Correspondence between DR Horton and the Township of Brick Boards regarding the Laurel Ave Property owned by Visitation Church from 0/2022-6/2022".
- Do you have an email address for DR Horton? Otherwise we would have to just used Horton as a "key word" in our search.
- Which "Brick Boards" are you referring too?
2. "Please include meeting attendees list and documentation for any meetings not in the public view". This is too vague. Please state the meetings in which you are referring to (What meeting and what date) and what specific documentation you are looking for.
3. "Please provide the written transcript of the 6/20/22 meeting when it becomes available". OPRA is only for current existing records. You cannot summit an OPRA request for documents that have not been created yet. As per Paff v. Neptupe Twp. Housing Auth. (Monmouth), GRC Complaint No. 2010-307 (Interim Order dated April 25, 2012): The Council held that if the complainant wanted access to approved meeting minutes, he would have to submit a new OPRA request once the minutes were approved. Donato v. Borough of Emerson, GRC Complaint No. 2005-125 (Interim Order dated February 28, 2007).
Jessica L. Larney, RMC/CMR
Assistant Municipal Clerk
Deputy Registrar of Vital Statistics
Office of the Township Clerk/Vital Statistics
401 Chambers Bridge Road
Brick, New Jersey 08723