Dear East Brunswick Township,
Under OPRA and the common law right of access, please provide documents, lists, reports or statements sufficient to show:
1) the name, title, department/division, current salary, and hire date for all salaried employees, including elected officials, as of September 1, 2019
2) the name, title, department/division, current hourly rate, and hire date for all hourly employees, as of September 1, 2019
3) the names of all employees enrolled in each healthcare insurance program/plan, including elected officials, as of September 1, 2019
4) the names of all employees currently enrolled in each public pension system, including elected officials, as of September 1, 2019
5) the name and pay status of each employee currently suspended from duty, as of September 1, 2019
6) the total year-to-date base pay, overtime pay, and extra-duty pay for each employee, including elected officials, as of September 1, 2019
7) the amount/value of all stipends, allowances, bonuses, reimbursements and other payments or perks granted each employee, including elected officials, as of September 1, 2019
With regard to items #1-4 of this request, please only include records pertaining to current employees, and please do not include any employees whose term of employment ended prior to September 1, 2019. If employees have different rates of pay for different work or different roles, please indicate each of the pay rates in the response.
With regard to all of the items in this request, I prefer to receive the responses to this request in one or more Microsoft Excel spreadsheets if at all possible. Please feel free to contact me if I can be helpful in clarifying this request. Thanks very much and have a nice day.
Editor, New Brunswick Today
I am in receipt of your OPRA Request dated September 3, 2019 copy attached sent via email.
Your request requires additional time beyond the seven (7) business days to fulfill because your request is asking for information not in our office which needs to be reviewed. OPRA allows custodians to seek extensions of time pursuant to N.J.S.A. 47:1A-5.i. Specifically, OPRA states that, “the requestor shall be advised by the custodian when the record can be available. If the record is not made available by that time, access shall be deemed denied.”
If your request for access to a government record has been denied or unfilled with the seven (7) business days required by law, you have a right to challenge the decision. At your option, you may either institute a proceeding in the Superior Court of New Jersey or file a complaint with the Government Records Council (GRC) by completing the Denial of Access Complaint Form. You may contact the GRC by toll-free telephone at 866-850-0511, by mail at P O Box 819, Trenton, NJ, 08625, by email at [email address], or at their web site at www.state.nj.us/grc. The GRC can also answer other questions about the law. All questions regarding complaints filed in Superior Court should be directed to the Court Clerk in your County.
Your request requires an extension of time until September 26, 2019.
Attached is the information you requested. This OPRA is now closed.
Items 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 and 7 are attached.
Item 5 there are no records responsive to this request.
Township Clerk \ Registrar
East Brunswick Township
One Civic Center Drive
P O Box 1081
East Brunswick NJ 08816
[East Brunswick Township request email]